|06 April 2014|
|Can Isabelle Yacoubou become a bigger factor for Fenerbahce on the offensive boards?|
We take a look at three key questions facing every team preparing to step out at the EuroLeague Women Final Eight in Ekaterinburg.
- Can Fenerbahce do a better job of crashing the offensive glass?
- Can the backcourt players improve their shooting percentages, including taking the clutch shots in the big moments if required?
- Can Spanish play-caller Roberto Iniguez make a permanent mark on Final Eight history by coaching in all three successive title games?
- If Shavonte Zellous is locked down or has an off-night, who will provide the necessary ammunition from the backcourt?
- How much will their careful use of the ball and limiting turnovers, help them get the wins they need to progress?
- Alba Torrens was a virtual non-factor last year on her way back from serious injury, but can the stellar talented Spaniard make amends with the kind of form that led her to EuroBasket Women gold last year?
Kayseri Kaski spor
- How much will they have to improve on shooting only 25.9% from downtown and 40.8% from the field?
- Can they keep it ugly and low scoring because they have won five-of-five when holding teams to under 60 points?
- Can they continue winning close games, since they are 3-0 for all games decided by five points or less?
Sparta&K M.R. Vidnoje
- Can Sparta&K find the resilience and belief to come back if trailing at the interval, since they have lost all three outings when down at half-time but won 11-of-11 when ahead?
- Can they maintain the kind of form which has seen them arrive at the Final Eight with the best records in rebounds, steals and points allowed?
- Will Sparta&K be punished if they keep shooting 42.3% from two-point range?
|Will Dewanna Bonner be able to replicate the form that got Nadezhda Orenburg to this stage in the competition?|
- How much will the team miss the three-point shooting of Russian national team guard Natalia Zhedik (maternity leave) and can Elina Babkina make shots consistently from long-distance?
- Can Spanish guard Anna Cruz continue her excellent season patrolling the backcourt and add to her best ever haul of assists?
- Can Bourges advance if they keep spilling the ball more than 16 times per game?
- How effective and how much of an impact can Great Britain guard Johannah Leedham make on her return from a two-month injury lay-off?
- Can Bourges do it consistently away from their home court where they are so strong, because they have lost four of their six games on the road this season?
- Can UMMC continue to shoot the ball at a whopping 50.4% from the field and especially 42.4% from the perimeter?
- Can Coach Lange get the most experienced team in the tournament to play the same level of outstanding defence as they did last year?
- Is the fact UMMC come up with fewer steals than any other Final Eight team a genuine concern?
ZVVZ USK Prague
- Can the veteran and hugely influential players like Laia Palau and Eva Viteckova last the pace in this kind of tournament format?
- Can Prague compete on the glass better and defy the fact they are the worst offensive and overall rebounding team at the Final Eight?