Welcome to fibaeurope.com!
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By accessing this website and/or any pages thereof, including pages under different domain names, e.g. eurobasket2005.com, eurobasket2007.org, eurobasket2009.org, eurobasket2011.com, eurobasketwomen2005.com, eurobasketwomen2007.com, eurobasketwomen2009.com, eurobasketwomen2011.com, fibaeurope-u20men.com, fibaeurope-u20women.com, fibaeurope-u18men.com, fibaeurope-u18women.com, fibaeurope-u16men.com, fibaeurope-u16women.com (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"), you signify your agreement with and understanding of the following Terms and Conditions and the legal information pertaining to both this Website and any material on it. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not access this Website. In addition, when using particular services, you and FIBA Europe shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services that may be posted on the Website from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions.
FIBA Europe reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you. You are therefore responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms and Conditions. Continued use of this Website following any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
The Website was created by FIBA Europe e.V., Ismaninger Str. 21, 81675 Munich, Germany. All rights reserved. Copyright FIBA Europe 2003-12.
Various text elements on the website are supplied by Press Association. Pictures are supplied by AFP, Elio Castoria, Holger Sauer and the agencies thereof, with other contributions from national federations and clubs associated to FIBA Europe. Data is supplied by FIBA Europe. Content, defined as text, pictures, video, audio, graphical designs and games, may not be reproduced in any way without prior permission from the listed owners or suppliers.
All club names and logos are the property of their respective owners.
FIBA Europe shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for unauthorised copying and/or use of any material property of third parties on the Website.
Nothing in the Website is designed to grant any licence or right to use any names, logos, pictures or trademarks. No act of downloading or otherwise copying or reproducing from the Website will transfer title to you to any software or material on the Website.
Except as otherwise stated above, you are granted permission to view, store, print, reproduce, distribute any pages or download any material from the Website for personal non-commercial use only provided that (a) you do not modify any such page or any such material and (b) you include these Terms and Conditions with any reproduction. Any unauthorized reproduction for commercial purposes of the Website or any part thereof is a violation of FIBA Europe's rights.
No offer of service
Unless otherwise expressly stated so, the material on the Website is intended to be for informational purposes only. FIBA Europe makes no representation that material on the Website is appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions other than the Federal Republic of Germany. Those users who choose to access the Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws and regulations.
Although FIBA Europe has taken all reasonable care that the information contained within the Website is accurate at the time of publication, however no representation or guarantee (including liability towards third parties), expressed or implied, is made as to its accuracy, reliability or completeness.
Therefore, FIBA Europe assumes no liability for the use or interpretation of information contained herein. Your use of the Website is on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
In particular, FIBA Europe assumes no responsibility for, and makes no guarantees that (i) the Website and services on the Website will meet your requirements, (ii) services and functions on the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, (iii) results that maybe obtained from the use of the Website and services on the Website will be accurate or reliable, (iv) defects will be corrected, or (v) the Website or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or other harmful elements.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Website is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Links from and to the Website
You acknowledge and agree that FIBA Europe has no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information, material or content provided by third party linked websites, or the content, performance, terms and conditions of use or the privacy policies or practices on such websites. Links to such sites do not constitute an endorsement by FIBA Europe of such websites or the content, products, or other materials or services presented on such websites. Information in the many webpages that are linked to the Website, and the applications and services available through the Website, comes from a variety of sources. FIBA Europe does not author, edit, or monitor the content, links, or services provided by third parties. FIBA EUROPE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED BY OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH CONTENT, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIAL AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OR ON THIRD PARTY LINKED WEBSITES.
In the event that you wish to establish a link to the Website, you expressly agree:
- to ask prior written approval of FIBA Europe to establish a link to the Website;
- not to include the Website into the frame of another website and to create a direct link to FIBA Europe's official Website at http://www.fibaeurope.com;/
- not to create any third party association with the Website; and
- ensure that the link does not state or imply that FIBA Europe sponsors or endorses any other website activity, company or entity, or presents FIBA Europe and/or European basketball in a false, misleading, defamatory or derogatory manner;
The link to our Website does not permit you to use any FIBA Europe and/or third party content, names, logos, pictures or trademarks, unless separately agreed to in writing by the relevant rights-holder.
As a condition of use of the Website, you agree to indemnify FIBA Europe and its affiliates, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorneys' fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Website.
Privacy & Security
If you communicate with FIBA Europe by e-mail, you should note that the security of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages which are not encrypted you accept the risks of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
Applicable law and Jurisdiction
BY ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT THE LAWS OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PRINCIPLES THEREOF, WILL APPLY TO ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE.
IN THE CASE OF A DISPUTE, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURTS OF MUNICH, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY.
Information collection and use
- FIBA Europe does not collect personal identifying information when you access the Website homepage and browse the Website without disclosing your personal data (except cookies; see below under "cookies").
- FIBA Europe collects personal identifying information when you register on the Website, when you use certain products or services on the Website and when you enter promotions, sweepstakes or similar services sponsored by FIBA Europe or its business partners. FIBA Europe may also receive personal identifying information from its business partners.
- When you register FIBA Europe asks for your name, e-mail address, and some other personal information. Once you register with FIBA Europe and/or sign in to our products or services, you are not anonymous to FIBA Europe.
- FIBA Europe also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol address (IP address), which identifies your computer, FIBA Europe's cookies information and the page you requested.
- FIBA Europe uses information collected for three general purposes: for technical administration of the Website, for research and development to achieve and maintain a high service level and for customer information (to customize the content you see, to fulfil your request for certain products and services and to contact you about specials and new products and services).
Information sharing and disclosure
- FIBA Europe will not sell or rent your personal identifying information without your consent. FIBA Europe may send personal identifying information about you to third parties when:
- FIBA Europe has your consent to share the information;
- FIBA Europe needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- FIBA Europe needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of FIBA Europe to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated so, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal identifying information FIBA Europe provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
- FIBA Europe responds to courts or authorities; or
- FIBA Europe finds that your actions on the Website violate FIBA Europe's Website Terms and Conditions of Use or any other FIBA Europe 's guidelines or rules applicable for specific services.
- FIBA Europe may set and access FIBA Europe 's cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- FIBA Europe uses its own cookies for number of purposes, mainly to:
- access your information when you "sign in", so that we can provide you with customized content;
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using FIBA Europe services.
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
- conduct research and development to improve the Website contents and services and achieve and maintain a high service level.
- FIBA Europe may allows third parties that are presenting promotions or researching users response to advertisement on some of our pages to set and access their own cookies on your computer. Third parties' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not this one.
- FIBA Europe does not knowingly collect personal data from children.
- FIBA Europe does not take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose their personal identifying information to FIBA Europe.
Access to your personal identifying information
- FIBA Europe gives you the ability to access your personal identifying information by sending us an e-mail including in the title of the e-mail the reference to personal identifying information at email@example.com.
- FIBA Europe allows you to challenge the data that it holds about you and you may have such data rectified, amended or completed.
Our website uses social plugins ("plugins") provided by the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). The plugins are identifiable by a Facebook logo (white letter f on blue background or a thumb up icon) or the notice "Facebook Social Plugin". For a full list of all social Plugins please see http://developers.facebook.com/plugins.
When you visit a page of our website that contains a social plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to Facebook servers. Facebook directly transfers the plugin content to your browser which embeds the latter into the website, enabling Facebook to receive information about your having accessed the respective page of our website. Thus we have no influence on the data gathered by the plugin and inform you according to our state of knowledge:
The embedded plugins provide Facebook with the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged into Facebook, your visit can be assigned to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking "Like", or entering a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to Facebook and stored by it. Even if you are not logged into Facebook, there is possibility that the plugins transmits your IP-address to Facebook.
If you are a Facebook member and do not want Facebook to connect the data concerning your visit to our website with your member data already stored by Facebook, please log off Facebook before entering our website. Further you can block Facebook social Plugins by using add-ons for your browser, like the "Facebook Blocker".
If you communicate with FIBA Europe by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet. In certain areas, FIBA Europe uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
FIBA Europe is subject to German data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
Questions or suggestions
FIBA Europe e.V.
Ismaninger Str. 21