|16 June 2014|
|FIBA Europe vice-presidents for the 2014-2018 term of office (left to right): Dino Meneghin (Italy), Cyriel Coomans (Belgium) and Oleksandr Volkov (Ukraine)|
Cyriel Coomans, Dino Meneghin and Oleksandr Volkov were announced as the FIBA Europe Vice-Presidents for the 2014-2018 term of office at the first sitting of the new FIBA Europe Board on Friday in Munich, Germany.
This marks the second term for Coomans, who, following the untimely death of former President Olafur Rafnsson, stepped into the role of FIBA Europe Acting President from June 2013 up until the recent elections of the new board.
It is the first that both Menghin from Italy and Volkov from Ukraine have held the position, replacing John Goncalves from Gibraltar and Ingo Weiss from Germany.
Another major announcement to come from the board meeting was the formation of FIBA Europe's eight commissions.
The presidents of the new commissions are as follows:
• Appeals' Commission: Mirsad Donlagic (BIH)
• Small Countries' Commission: Hannes Jonsson (ISL)
• Competitions' Commission: Dejan Bodiroga (SRB)
• Technical Commission: Grzegorz Bachanski (POL)
• Finance Commission: Karl Thaller (AUT)
• Women's Commission: Carmen Tocala (ROU)
• Legal Commission: Cyriel Coomans (BEL)
• Youth Commission: Asterios Zois (GRE)
For a full list of the members of the commissions, please click here.