The FIBA Europe Centre For Basketball Research – University of Worcester
The FIBA Europe Centre for Basketball Research will aim to:
• Be the leading European centre of development, coordination & supply of world class basketball researches
• Enhance basketball by generating evidence based knowledge
• Offer an independent product evaluation possibility to basketball equipment manufacturers e.g. Shoes, training kits, etc.
• Bring together academics & students from all over Europe
• Organise a bi-annual Research Conference at different venues across Europe
• Organise & coordinate research interest group network meetings
• Promote the transfer of knowledge from academic research to applied practice through the publication of "Basketball Research" journal
• Promote "Basketball Research" worldwide
A selection of the facilities available includes:
• Large motion analysis lab with 3D motion capture for technique analysis
• Biomechanical analysis using isokinetic dynamometry, force platforms, EMG, accelerometry, etc.
• Complete physiology sports science facilities including gas & blood analysis;
• Qualified and accredited staff in interdisciplinary research, sport psychology, physiology.
Motion and Performance Centre (Mobile laboratory)
• The Motion and Performance Centre has also developed and built the first fully equipped mobile motion analysis laboratory in Europe.
• The Motion and Performance Centre Mobile Laboratory is an articulated vehicle that deploys into a motion analysis laboratory equipped with 2 force plates and a full motion capture system. The mobile laboratory comprises a 36 square metre, air-conditioned, laboratory space, washroom facilities and administration area.
• This unique facility can be deployed at the client's site, allowing Motion and Performance Centre to bring its technical capability to the client.