The FIBA Europe English Language Basketball Camp offers a great opportunity for the participants to improve their game while working on their English. These camps are offered for all levels of basketball and all levels of English.
The FIBA Europe English Language Basketball Camp will take place at the University of Worcester in England which amongst others offers an internationally accredited academic Language Department.
The University of Worcester is one of the official venues in the London 2012 Pre-Games Training Camp Guide. The guide provides high-level facilities and venues across the UK which are used as training base for international sporting teams before and during the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012.
• Improve Basketball (all abilities including disability) with FIBA Europe approved coaching staff.
• Daily activities will include: individual workouts, games, team practices, shooting contests, etc.
• Participants will receive a DVD with video clips of their performance at the Basketball Camp.
• Qualified staff will lecture on nutrition, sports psychology, performance analysis, strength and conditioning
• Excellent opportunity to improve the English language while developing basketball skills with the best coaches.
At the end of the Basketball Camp the participants will receive a certificate acknowledging their level of the English language.
Basketball Facilities include:
• International Standard Sports Hall: Sprung wooden floor
• Performance Analysis Labs
• 200 square metre air- conditioned Aerobics/CV and weight training facilities
• Sports Injury Clinic
Teaching Facilities include:
• High quality classrooms with the latest technology to support language classes and performance analysis
• Laboratories: performance analysis, biomechanics, motion analysis, physiology, psychology
Accommodation facilities include:
• Private en-suite in a brand new dorm
• Cafeteria or self-catering
• Free internet access
• Health & welfare support
• Close proximity to Cathedral/historic city of Worcester